This is one of the best conversations I’ve listened to in a really long time (Overcast). Partially because Pete Holmes is a great interviewer, and partially because I’ve been listening to the lead singer of Jimmy Eat World piped through my headphones and speakers (and direct to my ears once, live!) for the last 15 years. It’s fun to think about my journey from when I first heard Bleed American to now, and hear Jim talk about his own journey during that same time, eventually creating Integrity Blues just last year.
Topics for the show include:
- The beginnings of Jimmy Eat World (and their big break)
- Drinking alcohol and Jim embracing recovery
- Life’s goal: “Don’t be an asshole”
- Punk rock, acceptance, and The Middle
- Growing up in a church with Zach Lind
- The meaning of life
Two bits that stuck out to me:
Finding yourself arriving at a place that you didn’t expect is exciting…Chasing your ideal expectation is actually a very limiting way to live.
You want to talk cosmic? Think about the cosmic odds than any of us exist. That’s sacred.
So good. 🎧